Thursday, September 2, 2010

An Anniversary Timeline

For our actual anniversary (August 11), we went to St. George. We went to the temple (where it all began) and did Sealings. It was fun to be in the temple hearing the same things we heard at our ceremony four years ago. We ate a lot of food at Olive Garden. We laughed. We visited. We had some delicious donut-type dessert at Olive Garden. We dipped it in chocolate, raspberry, and carmel sauce. We drooled. And we ate them all. Goodwins tended Andlie.

This year's yearly anniversary trip planning was up to Bryan, and man, did he nail it! (Not that. Don't be slutty.)

We left on Saturday morning after we opened our presents from each other. I got this lamp I've been coveting over for weeks. I love it!

Bryan got "The Blind Side." I gave it to him because of his love of the South where he served for two years. His love for Southerners is so deep that I love them because he loves them. Are you confused? Don't be.

Saturday night, we went to dinner at PF Chang's where Bryan had made a reservation! We had four courses and we absolutely included dessert again! It was delish!

But maybe we ate a little too much. Is it a bad sign that we couldn't sit comfortably after our meal?

Then, we went to "The Lion King" at the Mandalay Bay! Oh. My. Amazing. Holy awesome. Everyone should see this show. Everyone. It was incredible. Amazing singing. Awesome costumes. Elaborate stage. Like I said, holy awesome. I l-o-v-e-d every second.

After the show, we went and grabbed some treats and came back to our room. We stayed up until 2:00 AM. We laughed. We made fun of all the wasted people we passed in the casinos on the way back to our room. We ate donuts in bed. We visited. We snuggled. We slept in.

Sunday, we exchanged cards and shopped and shopped and shopped.
Huge thanks to my parents for tending Andlie. What a wonderful way to spend a weekend! I'm so lucky to have Bryan. He really is my best friend in the whole, wide world. It was so nice to just hang out with him and giggle slumber party style and talk about life. He's my favorite person in the world. I love him. A lot. Happy anniversary, Bryan!

5 comments:

Becker said...

Your hair is so pretty. I ALSO love the lamp. Congrats!

Todd and Heidi said...

So glad you guys had a fun time. You guys always do fun things together! We are going to see Lion King up here in Salt Lake next week. It is so good I am very excited to see it again. This time we are taking Belle and I think she will LOVE it too. Happy Anniversary!

Kirsten said...

Ok-two things-the "don't be slutty" remark was SO dang funny. I laughed out loud! And number 2..you guys are so cute. I love that you take turns planning the anniversary. Can't believe you've been married 4 years...CONGRATS!

Keshia Phill said...

Ok! 1. You guys are so cute! 2. Ioved the Lion King too! 3- aren't Anniversaries the best!? 4. The end.

Aubrie said...

I also laughed at, Don't be slutty!! You are hilarious=)