Sunday, September 12, 2010

Shout Out to Our Plant

A House Plant Surprise
By Chandi Allen

We are really quite proud that you are not dead.
But instead you are bigger than two human heads!

We usually end up growing some shrooms.
But we really hope you continue to bloom!

You got so big, we had to switch pots.
Holy moly! Who would have thought?

Plants in this house usually last only days.
(Seriously, like eleven days maximum.)
But you, little plant, have truly amazed!

Thank you for lasting a whole year plus some!
I'm so happy - I practially want to buy rum!
(And also, quit laughing that this poem is so dumb.)

August 2009:

September 2010:

7 comments:

Em and Ms said...

I can completely relate to this! That's why most of our plants are fake :) Congrats on keeping your plant alive!

Becker said...

What kind of plant is it? We need a hearty one! :)

kadeandmaddie said...

nice. i just bought a basil plant named lucy. I hope she lasts!

Jenny said...

I gave up on plants long ago.

Chad and Brittany said...

Chandi thanks for the poem. You are seriously hilarious. Also good job on the plant. I am the worst at house plants. I can't keep them alive.

The Andersens said...

You are seriously so funny! Good job on the plant!!! And your little girl is so darling!!

Kenzie said...

Yay Chandi! I'm so glad you commented because I love your guts so much. Now I can read your cute blog and see you and your family. I miss ya!