8:00 AM: I sat down to work to find that Bryan had changed my screen saver to, "Happy birthday, Chandi! I love your guts!!" Even though me & Andlie were so sick all day on my birthday (boo), this made me smile!

12:00 PM: Andlie fell asleep on the couch due to her sickies. (This never happens.)

12:30 PM: Bryan surprised me with beautiful flowers at lunch! Another thing that made me smile even though snot was dripping down my face.
2:00 PM: I finally gave in and called in sick for the rest of the day so I could sleep too.

5:00 PM: I opened my first present from Bryan. It's something I've been needing/wanting for the last few months. I'm so excited to learn the songs!

5:30 PM: We went over to my parents' house. Me & Bryan took our annual birthday picture. Bryan was sneakily making ridiculous faces each shot.

We got a good one though. Isn't he just the hottest thing you've ever laid your eyes on?

6:00 PM: We ate dinner & cake. My Mom made my favorite dinner - homemade pizza. Yum!! (You know your family loves you when your Mom & Dad let you come over to their house to eat and your siblings are all still in attendance [minus the Honduran] even with your drippy-ness and sneezy-ness.)


8:00 PM: I opened the rest of my presents from Bryan & Andlie! I got a cute card, flowers, a running watch, running pants, a Lady Antebellum CD, a piano book, and a jacket. I love them all, but I really love the jacket. I immediately tried it on and struck some poses. (I especially love the one of me in the bathroom where you can see our toilet.)

9:00 PM: Bryan knows that I don't really love cake, but I do love these cupcakes, so he made my perfect cake!

Thank you to everyone who made my birthday special - with phone calls, texts, FaceBook wishes, cards, presents, or homemade pizza (thanks, Mom)! I truly appreciate it! Special shout out to Bryan who made my birthday special and fun even though I had sickies. Horray for birthdays!
4 comments:
Lame to be sick on your birthday. It's totally made the rounds in our house too. I'm glad you had such a great birthday!!! Love you!
Happy birthday 2 weeks ago! I LOVE the jacket and think the cupcake cake is so clever. That Bryan. Gotta hand it to him.
Sorry you were so sick on your b-day! I LOVE your jacket too! Probably you should text me this instant where it was purchased so I can run and buy one and we could be twinners but twinners that live in different cities that rarely see each other. (how you like that sentence!). I'm glad you have the kind of family that allowed you into their home even though you should have been quarantined to a room with no windows or doors.
XOXO
Happy Birthday! What, you're 19?
Post a Comment