Monday, March 30, 2009

Mission Call!

My little brother, Bryce is going on a mission! He recieved his call on Thursday, even though he just barely turned seven. (That's what it seems like.) Here's how it all went down.

The fam went to Pizza Factory before the big party at my parent's house. Poor Bryan had to work. He was there in spirit.

When the call was waiting in the mailbox, Bryce could hardly stand it! He secretly opened the corner early in the afternoon because he couldn't control himself.

Bryce opened his call with Jake's pockeknife surrounded by many family and friends. Can you feel the excitement?!

Bryce reading his call for the first time. I love how happy he is!
Any guesses yet? Here's some clues:

Capital: Tegucigalpa
Language: Spanish
Total Area: 43,278 Square Miles
Total Population: 6,975,204
Currency: Lempira

Bryce reading his call out loud!! I missed the first part of the call, so add a "Hon" to the first of the video.

Yep, Bryce is serving in the Honduras San Pedro Sula Mission and reports to the MTC on June 24! That country will never be the same.

Bryce, Russell, and Bret finally found Honduras on the map.

Jake, Russell, Bryce, and Colton had to take a "hero shot."

Andlie will sure miss Bryce, but she is excited to hear his stories!

She was so pooped by the end of the night that she took a power nap on Granny Goodwin.

Congratulations, Bryce! We are so proud of the man that you have become and know you will be an amazing missionary!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chandi you are hilarious. When I read "eventhough he just barely turned seven", I was like what? you have a seven year old brother? And he got a mission call? Then I realized you were talking about Bryce and I cracked up. I laughed so loud I woke Trev up from his nap. All my brothers in law and my brother, and Dustin say congratulations to Bryce. They all think he is pretty awesome.

Angela and Mike said...

Thanks exactly the same mission my brother went to. How exciting!

becky comstock said...

How could Bryce be 7? Jordan and Bret are still 7 playing in the dike. Ha ha! That is so cool tell bryce congrats!

Jordan said...

Oh my gosh! That is great! Tell him congrats!