She may only look like she's 23, but my wonderful, beautiful, amazing Mom turned 50 this weekend!

For her birthday, we asked people that we knew to e-mail us a birthday tribute. Although we already knew all of these things about our Mom, it's was fun to see that everyone else knows too!
What Everyone Loves About Shelly:
"I just wanted to let you know how much you mean to me. You’ve been a great sister-in-law and I appreciate your friendship too."
"She is the perfect blend of strength and courage, compassion and hope, vulnerability and tenderness."
"Shelly is someone I wish I was more like. "
"I would like to say what a great listener your mom is. When I go in her office to chat with her, she is always so willing to just listen to whatever I have to say and she never makes me feel like she is in a hurry or doesn't have time to talk. I love that about her. She also has a great sense of humor! Thanks Shelly for being such a great person and friend!"
"What a wonderful daughter in law you are!! So thoughtful and always volunteering to do something and doing it perfect."
"We cannot begin to express in a brief letter how much we love you, Shelly, but to summarize our feelings – not only have we ever known a more wonderful lady and dear friend – it is difficult to even imagine one!"
"I also see her as a great role model and sister to all of us, who knows how to raise a family upright in the gospel, and I appreciate her stalwart example!"
"I am also thankful for the positive attitude that you have. You are always happy and always encouraging. There are times that your smile and your laugh are so infectious that I can’t help but feel happy."
"Shelly, you’re one in a ba-zillion!! You own my heart forever. You still take my breath away!! I Love you so much sweetie pie! Last but not least, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!"
I love everything about my Mom, but most of all, I love that I am exactly like her, but 25 years later. That's the best compliment anyone could ever give me! Happy birthday, Mom! I'm so thankful that you are my Mommy! I can't wait to see you as a Granny! I love you clear to the sky!
2 comments:
For the record- I also think your mom is awesome and is one of the funnest people I know. I love people who keep it real, like she always does. I miss being in her ward. Doesn't she look awesome! Ben and I are trying the Ed & Shelly "Are You Really Gonna Eat That?" diet. Happy Birthday Shelly! Love, The Sowards
Congratulations, Shelly! Happy day! I hope your mama had a great birthday!
Post a Comment