Thursday, June 25, 2009

Elder Goodwin

Bryce. . .ehum. . .Elder Goodwin gave a wonderful talk on Sunday about finding happiness in the Gospel. We had a nice family picnic afterwards.

Andlie loves her uncle Brycie.
That is one handsome family if I don't say so myself.
Monday night, we watched, "Called to Serve," Bryce got a beautiful Father's Blessing, and we all bawled our eyes out.
Tuesday night was spent hanging out and having fun - - especially with Andlie. She lights up every time she sees him!
Bryan also gave Bryce his favorite tie to take with him to Honduras.
We took a lot of pictures. Here's all the sibs, sans Bryan.
Wednesday morning, Bryce was set apart. Shortly after that, he beep boxed to Andlie. That always gets a huge grin too.
The family picture after Bryce became Elder Goodwin.
Elder Goodwin giving his first "missionary handshake." Too bad Andlie was mostly interested in the tissues.
We got to Provo and the Elder decided he wanted to eat at Wendy's one last time. (Mind you, the Wendy's in Cedar City has stayed in business because of Bryce.) It was then that my Dad started crying, which made Mandy cry, which made Bryce cry, which made me cry. However, we knew that we were being silly - - a mission is a wonderful thing! So, we started laughing hysterically. Leave it up to the Goodwin family to laugh hysterically while crying. We were "craughing."
Then, we made our way to the MTC. Bryce gave Andlie one last tight squeeze. "See ya in two years, Andlie!"
This picture was ten minutes before he was supposed to report. It really started sinking in. You can tell by the look on his face that he was getting excited at this point. I, however, was not.

Here is a picture of the happy Elder and his sobbing family.

And, he's off! I couldn't be more proud of him! He was so ready to enter the mission field and I know that he'll be one great missionary! To be quite honest, I'm jealous of the Hondurans who get to hog him for the next two years. To keep tabs on what he's doing, you can visit his blog by clicking the link to the right. Go, Elder, go! We love you!!!

5 comments:

Laurel said...

Congratulations on sending Bryce out. Andlie is so cute and getting so big. She is as funny as her mommy I'm sure.

Lenzi Woodbury said...

Yeah!! I love the family's "craughing" photos. It's always so confusing to your emotions when missionaries leave huh? Like "AH! I won't see you for two years!!!" "But AH! This is what we want you to do!!". :)

Leslie said...

AWESOME! He will be a great missionary! I am looking forward (Sorta-) to doing the same thing next summer with Matt! I know I will be bawling my eyes out! It's so bitter/sweet! :) How did they grow up so fast!?!? Just you wait! I promise-- it goes by much faster than you could ever imagine!

Cris, Heather, Connor and Carson said...

Chandizle! Congratulations on sending your little brother out- missionaries are the best! He will do great! I just wanted to tell you that I'm getting closer and closer to depression... only 4 weeks left until I go back to work:(

becky comstock said...

I saw your dad the other day and he told me you took Bryce to the MTC. He was quite the proud papa! Andlie's pictures were so cute! I cannot believe I don't see you more around town. I miss you. I went to girls camp yesterday and thought of you and Jenny!