I was such a proud wife on Friday to see Bryan get his award (only eight out of about 280 business students recieved awards), but to our dismay, the camera took bad pictures. We were so excited to get a new camera:
. . .but our new camera has failed us and is now back at Wal-Mart on the shelf. Sad day. As soon as I find a way to pull the pictures that I took off of the old memory card, I'll post the Awards Night.
Bryan and I LOVE spending each second of each day with each other always, but this weekend was extra fun because we were downright adventurous. We started at the Santa Clara Cemetery where we were able to see the headstones of Bryan's family members dating clear back to the early 1800's. It was a neat experience and was very humbling to learn about our ancestors.
Then we got to see Bryan's ancestors old house. (Who knew that Santa Clara was full of so much history?) If you notice the sign that explains what house we are at ("Hug-Gubler HOME"), you'll also notice that we are following the directions on the sign. Yep, we are hugging the Gubler home! (Insert laughter.)
Then, we did something we have never done together: hiked! We hiked the Temple Quarry Trail where the pioneers hauled volcanic rocks off the mountain to build the foundation and basement walls of the St. George temple. The hike was wonderful and made us think of everything that those before us have done for us. We found lots of beautiful flowers and historic artifacts and the weather was beautiful (hence the sunburn on Chandi's arms)! [Note: These pictures were taken before Bryan saw a snake and screamed like a little girl while almost pushing me off the mountain to get out of it's path.]
I couldn't help but have Bryan take a few shots especially for the blog. I saw the spaces and immediately thought of blog captions. Please feel free to laugh out loud. I'm pretty funny.
Monday, April 21, 2008
Temple Quarry Trail
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How do you even think of such unique fun things to do? I love that you did such a fun thing! I'm ready to post cool blogs of creative things we do too! haha love ya!
So what you're telling me is: Bryan won an award out of hundreds of business students but screamed like a girl and almost killed you over a snake slithering down your hiking path??? LOL! I love reading your hilarious posts and laughing out loud like a crazy person right here at my desk! Especially the Pregnant Rock pict because that's exactly what I thought before I read your caption!!
Who takes all the pictures of the two of you together on your adventures? I think in the six years we've been married, we probably have 3 pictures of the two of us together and one of us with Pearl and they aren't even good pictures! Honestly! We aren't creative at all, maybe I'll get you to send me a list of cheap date ideas. Or better yet, post them on your blog!
Post a Comment