When we moved into our house, we quickly noticed that the prior renters had left their target deer in our yard. You know the kind: life-sized, life-colored, Styrofoam (kinda creepy) deer. Well, about two months ago, I pulled into our dark driveway (it was nighttime) and Bryan was bounding up the driveway with the deer in his hands moving the deer as if it were the one moving. Remember, I was all alone in my car and it was dark, so at some point, I actually thought it was a real deer bounding and galloping straight toward my windshield and I will admit, I was a little scared and nervous - - until I saw Bryan's face filled with little boylike glee and heard his giggles.
Well, after I got control of my heart rate and breathing rhythms and Bryan had a real good laugh, we went to bed. Did I sleep? No. I was too busy having nightmares - - about deer. Yep, all night long, Bryan and I were on vacation somewhere where there are deer everywhere. AND, they were in my room all night licking my face and causing a scene!




Well, after I got control of my heart rate and breathing rhythms and Bryan had a real good laugh, we went to bed. Did I sleep? No. I was too busy having nightmares - - about deer. Yep, all night long, Bryan and I were on vacation somewhere where there are deer everywhere. AND, they were in my room all night licking my face and causing a scene!
So, today I made Bryan re-inact what he and his deer posse might have looked like that night he scared me. Remember, this actually happened in the dark. (Thank you, Bryan, for pittying my blogging addiction and re-inacting this scene in the middle of the day in broad daylight on a workday.)
Obviously, this kind of behavior on Bryan's part cannot go un-revenged. So, the next morning, I had to be to an Employee Meeting earlier than he had to be at school. In all of my professional work attire glory, I tiptoed around out in our driveway and somehow managed to shove the poor deer into Bryan's Hatchback Ford Focus, giggle out loud by myself, take a few pictures, and run to my "getaway car" and drive off.
So, there you have it! I thought Bryan was going to try and "pay me back" by putting the deer in our bed or standing right inside of our front door to greet me, but that never happened and this is something that I totally had to post. I'm sure the revenge of the fake, but rather creepy deer will come and get one of us soon. Bryan: Beware.
9 comments:
That is creepy! Who has a fake deer? And trust me I understand the blogging addiction and needing to find fun things to post on the blog.
Bry Guy - Next time use some fake blood!
I love it! That is awesome! I think you married your equal in the fun department!!!
I love how you guys have so much fun! We miss you! I hope you had a great conference weekend.
Chandi, you seriously crack me up. You two are so silly! I'm glad that you didn't get into an accident with that deer. You know, they can cause a lot of damage to the car...
You guys are so funny. You totally crack me up!
Chandi, I hope you two are okay after that Deer Attack! Ha ha I miss your face...we need to hang out!
HAHAHAHA!!! Oh my I love stories like that! Totally cracks me up! :) A couple that plays together--stays together! You're on the right track! haha
Very funny! Definitely worthy of an out loud laugh....thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment