Yep, that's right. Mandy called me yesterday and requested that I be her rollerskating buddy. At the time, we both agreed that it sounded fun and it was easy the last time we did it (10 years ago) so why shouldn't it be fun and easy this time?
Well, although this time did provide much laughter (I laughed when Mandy fell, she laughed when I fell), it did not provide an easy activity. Most of the time on our wheels was spent like this:
Grabbing each others jackets or arms up in the air for balance, squeeling, and much struggling. We each took a turn falling. My turn took me for a ride under a construction fence where I landed on my butt as the dirt made a cloud around my head, skidded to a halt with my hands through the gravel, and got my right rollerblade stuck under the fence. Oh, and I also skinned my hand.
Mandy's fall was quite hilarious. She was going up a slope and her feet went right out from under her almost in slow motion and then she hit the concrete. THUD. That's all I heard. [No dad, Mandy DID NOT hurt her back.] I somehow managed to get a, "Are you okay?" out without giggling. After she said yes, I burst into uncontrolable "girl sleepover" giggles!! [Sorry, Mand, for not helping you up, but I couldn't breathe from the laughter.]

Two pair of rollerblades: $50
One block of sidewalk with construction: $500
One evening rollerblading: One good idea, one hour, one open wound, one huge bruise, and a lot of laughter.
One Chandi and Mandy after a night of Extreme Rollerblading: POOPED [and a dead Mandy].

4 comments:
I remember when I went rollerblading all the time and was really good at it- not so much now! A couple of months ago I went with my family to a roller rink and tried real skates, I couldn't do it! Looks like you guys had lots of fun! Oh, and you and Mandy look alot alike:)
Hilarious. I laugh that you are still so crazy and as fun as you ever were!
eSweet rollerblading pictures... You two are sooo fun! I love it!
Yuck! Next time leave out the gory pics! J/K. Hope your hand is feeling all better. I'm sure you can practice your sweet blading skills somewhere on the 'DL' and be ready for a Goodwin family olympics by summer.
Post a Comment