Friday, December 17, 2010

You Can Only Read This Post if You Promise Not to Laugh

  1. I wrote a blog post about Shutterfly.
  2. I submitted my form online saying I wrote my blog post so I could get my 50 free cards.
  3. I waited for three days and heard nothing.
  4. I e-mailed Stuart @ Shutterfly asking when I should recieve my promotion code.
  5. Stuart told me I should see it soon.
  6. I saw it soon. Like the next day.
  7. I went online and designed some really cute Christmas cards.
  8. I used my promotional code to order the really cute Christmas cards.
  9. I deleted the e-mail with the promotional code in it.
  10. I waited for six days.
  11. I got a package from Shutterfly on my doorstep!
  12. I opened the package.
  13. There was one card in there. One.
  14. I craughed. (That's laughing and crying at once.)
  15. In all my excitement that I was getting free cards, I forgot to enter "50" as the quantity.
  16. I have one Christmas card on my kitchen counter.
Hence, the reason that I present the Allen Family Christmas Card on our blog this year.

Merry Christmas!

12 comments:

Lenzi Woodbury said...

OMH! LOL! HAHHAHAHAHA! You are such a dork and I'm totally laughing! *But in all fairness, I didn't promise not to laugh before reading. :) That's so awful! I would want to kick my own butt so I won't heckle you too much. It's really cute! That. One. Single. Solitary. Card.

XOXO!

Jeff Johnson said...

That is hilarious!!! I guess I'm a liar because I am laughing hysterically!

If it makes you feel any better, it took me a few minutes to figure out the quantity too.

Just blame it on you know what.

Jeff Johnson said...

Oh and this is Jenny, not Jeff.

Kirsten said...

Can't lie....Ben and I both got a good laugh out of that!!!! Cute card though!!!

Danny and Cathy said...

haha the funny thing is i did the same thing through snapfish when i was ordering baby pictures. great minds think alike right....

The Brooks Family said...

Ha ha.. I almost did the exact same thing. As I was checking out I noticed the amount was off. Luckily, I caught it just in time. I hope that made you feel better. You are not the only one who does silly things..

The Brooks Family said...

Ha ha.. I almost did the exact same thing. As I was checking out I noticed the amount was off. Luckily, I caught it just in time. I hope that made you feel better. You are not the only one who does silly things..

Shell said...

My question to you is this, Who are you going to give your "1" Christmas card to? Ha-ha. It sure is cute!

Becker said...

When it's this cute, what do you need 50 for? :)

The Kartchners said...

it's beautiful and well worth the effort:)

Cris, Heather, Connor and Carson said...

Wow. Just wow. Good one Chand :)

Kristin, Scott, Emily and Eric said...

You. Are. Awesome. :)

I'd totally be emailing Stuart. I'm sure it's not the first time it's happened. Or the last... :)

Cute card...but seriously.. .email Stuart. I still have the email address if you want it!!