Monday, August 2, 2010

A Job

Maybe you've heard us shouting and pumping our fists from all around the town. It's because Bryan got a job! A really great, perfect job!
After a one hour phone interview, a four hour (you read that right) interview, and weeks worth of praying and hoping, Bryan became SUU's new Donor Relations Coordinator! I know, you have questions. Luckily, I have answers.

1. Yes, we are so excited! We get to stay close to family and in a safe town and Bryan gets to work at a University! (Plus the benefits are awesome!)
2. Bryan will be working in the Office of Advancement. He is the first person who has held this job, so he will get to create it. He'll also be:

Managing donor giving
Building/growing relationships with donors that have already given
Organizing events, lunches, dinners, parties for Directors of Development (those who ask for the money)
Maintaining databases full of donor names & information
Keeping track of all donors and donation amounts
Managing donor scholarships

3. Yes, we are thinking (heavy on the thinking) about buying a house.
4. No, we are not getting pregnant tonight. (At least we don't plan on it.)
5. No, I am not quitting work, nor am I cutting back on hours.
6. Bryan has already started work for a couple hours after T-Mobile, but his first official day is August 9.
7. You can click here if you want to donate.

Congratulations, Bryan! We're so proud of our awesome hubby and Daddy!!

4 comments:

Becker said...

Congrats again, you guys! We're so happy for you and looking forward to hearing more about the house and Baby #2 when you get around to it! :)

Jenny said...

Yeah! SO glad to hear you found a job. My first "real" job was brand new... my own to make of it what I wanted and it was the best career experience. I loved it!

The Kartchners said...

Congratulations!

Keshia Phill said...

How exciting!!!!! Well I hope your practicing for the baby at least! *wink