Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Panaca Fun

We had a wonderful, relaxing weekend in Panaca! Panaca has it's first restaurant! On Saturday afternoon, we were treated to Cindy Sooz Country Kitchen for some good eatin! Isn't the restaurant cute?


After lunch, we walked to a family friend's house that is being built and look what was in the backyard! Yes, that's right, a chicken! It was mean too. And, yes, the chickens (plural) sat in the backyard making that hideous "wake up" noise! Hideous.


Saturday night was spent watching The DaVinci Code, which is a butt-clenching, (it's definitely filled with suspense) excellent movie! The movie generated an awesome conversation and it was our pleasure to stay up really late visiting with Mom Allen.

Sunday was filled with naps and drool. Later that day, we played a number of games and while I didn't win them all, I dominated at B.S.! (Nice try though Bryan and Mom Allen.)

Monday evening was spent on Bryan's dad's motorcycle! I always feel like I'm in a movie when my Bryan is taking me on a ride! You know, like Keith Urban's, "I Wanna Love Someone," is playing in the background and we're the characters in "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days." (Side note: Bryan also has a motorcycle, but his only seats one person.)



The orange one is what B's motorcycle looks like. It's an orange Triumph Speed Four street bike. (B, aren't you proud of me for knowing such lingo?)


We finished our weekend at the Spring! I couldn't help but remember what happened here on our third or fourth date. Let me paint you a picture:


I wanted to swing on the rope swing (if you look closely, the rope is hanging from the tree on the left) so I kindly asked B if he would get me the rope. He stared blankly at me and with a smirk on his face answered no. I asked three or four more times and sweetly explained, "Honey, it will be easy. Focus. I will swing out over the Spring and come back. You will catch me. I will drop the rope. We will be safely on the shore."


He just shook his head and handed me the rope. (He had a HUGE smirk by this time.) Well, I definitely went out to the water, but gravity and the water took my legs and dragged me into the Spring before I even made it all the way out on the rope. Not expecting this tragedy, I went COMPLETELY under and hit the bottom of the Spring pretty hard. When I came up, I had juicy, green, squishy moss all over myself and hanging from my head. Not only moss, but little teeny guppy fish were nibbling at my toes and fingers and crawdads were biting my feet. In my distress, I took a deep breath and a SNOT ROCKET came out of my nose. So, there I was in all my rope-swinging glory! Moss on my head, snot all over my face, and speechless. Lovely!


Now, could Bryan save his damsel in distress? No! Why you might ask? Well, because he was doubled over in laughter on the shore and coudn't even speak to advise me of how to get out so I had to suffer to shore all by myself and shake the moss off. (And when I showered, I had dirt in my underwear because of the hard hit to the bottom of the Spring.)


Needless to say, I did not ask for the rope this weekend at the Spring!


We had a fantastic time in Panaca this weekend. It was fun to just visit and be with the wonderful family! We love you guys!


We hope all of our friends and family had a great weekend as well!

5 comments:

Lenzi Woodbury said...

I LOVE the spring story! It's my favorite story of yours - EVER! And I'm so proud of your cute blog! Maybe you should just quit being a better blogger than I. Thanks! XOXO!

Em and Ms said...

Your stories are always so funny. But, I believe those "chickens" that make that "wake-up noise" are actually called roosters :) You should really read the book for Da Vinci Code--I liked it way better than the movie. Can we come see you guys? I'll email you.

Ben & Kirsten said...

oh my! sounds like a fun weekend, and I especially love the recap of the first time Chandi learned how cute moss is on your head! ha ha ha!!! Good times :) I love all the pictures, small town charm is great!

love ya!

Leslie said...

Who knew Panaca could be so much fun, but then again, I think you could make any place fun Chandi!:)
Love ya!

Amber Lee said...

Yay, I feel famous, because my parents' rooster is on your blog! lololol
By the way, can we be friends? ;-) I found you on Jenny's blog--yay!