Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Mother's Day

"Let every mother realize that she has no greater blessing than the children which have come to her as a gift from the Almighty; that she has no greater mission than to rear them in light and truth, and understanding and love; that she will have no greater happiness than to see them grow into young men and women who respect principles of virtue, who walk free from the stain of immorality and from the shame of delinquency. . . . I remind mothers everywhere of the sanctity of your calling. No other can adequately take your place. No responsibility is greater, no obligation more binding than that you rear in love and peace and integrity those whom you have brought into the world."
– President Gordon B. Hinckley

I had a wonderful Mother's Day this year, but I slacked in the camera department [gasp] so no pictures. I got spoiled! Bryan gave me a picture of Jesus that I've wanted for forever, a gift certificate for a half hour massage, and the book, "The Beautiful Soul of a Woman!" My favorite gifts though, were the cards from both Andlie & Bryan. What sweet messages.

Being a Mommy is one of the most fun and happy and wonderful things in the entire world! I love being Andlie's Momma. I love that she points at the computer until I put her on my lap while I work. I love watching her learn. I love teaching her things. I love being home with her all day. I love that she puts her little foot on the porch step to lock the door just because I do it. I love her kisses. I love her expressions. I still love her button nose. I love her teeth. I love that she is the smartest girl that walked the Earth. I love her personality. I love every single teeny tiny thing about her and being her Mommy. Sometimes, when I put her to bed, I sing her this song that I made up. (Sung to "Love is Spoken Here.")

I love your little toesies,
And your little nosie too!
I think you're oh, so pretty,
And I love every inch of you!
I'm very, very thankful
That you have come to Earth.
And I am grateful
You were sent to us!

Mom - Thank you for the wonderful example you set of sacrifice and love! You truly are an angel to many. You always put others first, especially your family. You are my hero. I love you and I hope that when I grow up, I'm just like you.
Venice - I couldn't ask for a better Mother-In-Law! Your genuine kindness and love is apparent in everything you do. Thank you for treating me as your own daughter. I love you.

I love being a Mommy. And I love Andlie.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

You are so cute Chandi! I miss you!!! What a beautiful little girl you have!! Being a mom IS the best! You're right! :)

Allie Pace said...

Chand!!! I want to stock you on blog, email me on facebook your email so i can invite you. (My blog is set on private!