'Twas the night before our anniversary trip, when all through the house, I was having the worst day of my life.
When what to my wondering eyes should appear (after a quick trip out for a minute), a dozen pink roses, some peanut butter M&Ms (my fave), and a darling note! "These always look better when you have a bad day. Love you!"
Bryan's brothers and he were at Kimmy & Nick's wedding luncheon and their plates were decorated with great care in hopes that their food would soon be there. (Yes, they used the flowers tied in the napkins and decorated their fancy plates in the manner displayed below. You gotta love it!)

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter, I sprang from our hotel room in Logan to see what was the matter. (It was just rain.) We took this beautiful picture of the Logan temple in the rain.
The next day, Bryan spoke not a word, but went straight to his work. And filled my head with surprises and we were off with a jerk! More rapid than eagles in our car we flew. . .to Park City!

To the top of the mountain! To the top of the wall! Now dash away! Dash away! Dash away all! We made a trip up to the top of the mountain! Bryan was a little nervous about the chair lifts at some parts.

We had a lot of fun and it was nice to be the only ones at the top of the huge mountain!

Next, Bryan sprang to the car, to his team gave a whistle, and away we flew like the down of a thistle. . .to the Candlewood Suites!

Of course, I had to bring the darling roses on our trip with us.

And mamma in her 'kerchief, and Bryan in his cap, had just settled down for a long winter's nap when we discovered that our bed was pillowtop memory foam and the most comfy bed we'd ever laid our heads on!!!
With a little old (he will be 25 this year) driver, so lively and quick, we were off to our next stop, Raging Waters!!

He was dressed in his suit all ready to roar! And I laughed when I saw him [speeding down the scary slide] in spite of myself! (Sorry that the video is sideways. I couldn't fix it.)

He was dressed in his suit all ready to roar! And I laughed when I saw him [speeding down the scary slide] in spite of myself! (Sorry that the video is sideways. I couldn't fix it.)
And then, in a twinkling, I heard on The Roof. . .US! We spent one night at the romantic restaurant on temple square. Our table even had a cute little sign that said, "Happy Anniversary," on it!

This is what we were looking at. Bryan took this beautiful picture!

Of course, we had to take a quick walk through Temple Square. (Good job, Sister Missionary with the camera.)

A wink of his eye and a twist of his head, Bryan drove Granny's Oldsmobile Ninety Eight back home like a pimp.
But we were happy to see when we drove into town, our happy Ed Head! Happy Ed Head to all and to all a good night!! (Yes, that is my dad's head on a billboard in Cedar City.)

The best part of this entire anniversary vacation is that Bryan planned it and made all the reservations alone and as a surprise to me! He is truly the best husband in the whole, wide world! Thank you, Bryan, for the best and most romantic vacation ever!
Our actual anniversary was on Monday, August 11 (the big 2 years)!! We celebrated at Navajo Lake on Cedar Mountain. When we pulled up to our picnic spot, we were greeted by the hugest chipmunk/squirrel/unknown creature ever! Meet Buddha, the. . . critter.

We had a quick picnic at the beautiful lake on a log,

and then Bryan tried to teach me how to skip rocks. His form:

My form:

After Bryan composed himself and quit laughing at me and got his breath back, we took a long walk around the entire lake. We even conquered the swamp marsh. And, we saw a Utah Flamingo. (I know that's probably not a real animal, but we saw a huge bird with really long legs, but it wasn't pink. So, what do you call that? A Utah Flamingo.)
Thank you, Bryan, for a wonderful and romantic and perfect anniversary! I am so thankful that I was lucky enough to catch you and marry you and that I get to be with you forever! You are my best friend in the whole wide world and I love everything about you!! I love you so much and can't wait for the many more anniversaries ahead!



7 comments:
YEAH! Congratulations on two great years! Glad you had fun and I'm hoping soon you'll sport some tummy shots on your blog so we can watch Zig grow. Good luck with tomorrow's ultrasound!
Happy Anniversary you two lovebirds. Looks like you had a great time celebrating.
Can my cuz get any cuter? Honestly Bry guy you make the rest of the male population look bad! Glad to see you both at Kimmy's wedding!
I am so glad you guys had a great weekend. Bryan really did a good job of planning all by himself. We were bummed that we didn't get to see you guys but now we really just have to plan something else fun! I love the picture of you skipping rocks! We miss you guys!
cute post Chand! I am glad you had such a good anniversary! You two are such a cute couple! I love reading about your adventures! You are awesome!
Your trip looked like fun, it is always nice to get out of town:) Happy Anniversary!
Clint has got a lot to live up to with that kind of an anniversary. Ours is coming up and I hope that it is like yours.
Post a Comment