Friday, July 25, 2008

Catch Up

Okay, now that the big news is spread, and we've got our heads around the whole idea of having a cutie little baby, we can talk about what else has been going on in our busy lives.

Bryan, my dad, and my brother competed in the Utah Summer Games Hot Shot competition! Bryan won the gold in his age group!

Bryan buzzed his head for a cool summer do, but I had to get a quick mohawk snap before it was all gone.

We went to the Neil Simon Festival here in town and saw, "I Do! I Do!" Fun, fresh, and something new for us to do. Count us as well-rounded theater folk now!
I learned that I am married to a thug. Bryan opened our door that we were locked out of using only his witts and his debit card.

Bryan made a very large after school snack - - not a couple slices, but the entire stem. I know, it's probably not a big deal to most of you, but it was hilarious to me!
The tiny plant that Bryan gave me for Mother's Day is still alive! It's grown big enough to get a bigger pot! This, as well, may not be big news to you, but it sure is to us! Yay!

I have four, count them, four baby books with lots of fun and. . .interesting facts about what's going on inside of me!

Little Zig's Stats at 15 Weeks
Height: 4 Inches Crown to Rump
Weight: 2 1/2 Ounces
Ziggy is already quite spoiled with lots of clothes and even some tiny diapers!

And, to be quite honest, I'm quite spoiled as well! I've inherited (until I'm un-pregnant) some maternity clothes from friends (thank you, Kristen and Wendy) and been given many brand new ones from family! Thanks, Shennie, Mindy, Granny, and Mom!!

Speaking of Mom, she already made this darling neutral-colored quilt by hand! Thank you so much, Mom! Zig will love it and we already do!

My co-worker/friend gave me this awesome Fetal Monitor! When Zig starts moving around and gets a little bit bigger, we can hear his/her tiny little heartbeat and sloshing around when he/she moves! Notice that there's two headphones so we can both listen at the same time!

Bryan and I are very blessed to live in such a beautiful place on earth! We finally got up to the mountain (no hiking involved) and took a couple awesome pics! This one is of Navajo Lake.

We updated our food storage and even had to buy a bigger (pink) container! Although this is just a start, we feel good knowing that we'll survive a week long disaster!

My good friend, Lane stopped by for a visit! Never a dull moment with him!

And now you're in the know with the Allen family! See you again next post! Hugs!

9 comments:

Laurel said...

so excited to find out what brand of baby you are having. Glad that my inlaws got to talk to you at the reunion. what a small world.

Jill said...

Love the new look of your blog...and thanks for the update on all the excitement around there!

The Kartchners said...

Chandi, look at all the cool stuff you have for your baby, I'm impressed! that baby is going to be spoiled I can already tell! But that's what they are for! :)

Becker said...

The LONGEST POST EVER! I'm so proud of your preparations. It's all that "nesting"...see your prego books for details. You have clothes for self, clothes for baby; I LOVE the baby quilt your mama made and it looks like y'all have been having fun. Congrats! We look forward to seeing you soon!

Lenzi Woodbury said...

Holy Goodness you've been busy! Finally! Lane has a face to all of his fun stories! And I'm excited that my cute frog robe is in the baby stack!!

*And thanks for calling me a "slut" on my blog!

Danon & Bree said...

Chandi! Hey I stumbled upon your blog and it's so cute! Congrats on the new addition! You guys will be the best parents! What a lucky baby! Looks like it will be spoiled! keep it up! Keep in touch!
Brianna Hulet

Braden and Jodee said...

Hi Chandra Lee!!!! Long time no see! I just wanted to tell you to get "The Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy" if you haven't already. Congrats on the pregnancy... we'll have our first baby in about 3 weeks!
- Jodee (Heit) Christensen

Scott, Brooke, & Mason said...

Chandi! I'm so excited for you! My mom ran into your mom somewhere and she is SOOO excited. That's so cool. Being a mom is the best thing in the world! Congrats!

Meredith said...

YOU ARE KNOCKED UP! congrats; i am so thrilled for you!

--meredith eaton