Monday, July 7, 2008

Big News!!!

Surprise!

We're having a little baby Allen! For some of you, this may not be a surprise as you have been doing some of your own detective work. We found out the day before Mother's Day and being the sweet husband that he is, Bryan bought me flowers for my first ever Mother's Day! I "did my business" on the stick and left it and Bryan in the bathroom while I changed my clothes. About ten seconds later, an exclamation of, "Holy [swear word]! It's pregnant!" broke out from the bathroom. Yay!!!
Chandi's Reaction - "Wow. I can't believe it!"

Bryan's Reaction - "Wow. I can't believe it!"
Later that day, we were both still a little bit in shock, so after a little bit of encouragement, we bought another test from the Dollar Store so we could confirm. Not even ten seconds this time. Pee, two lines. Immediate.

Not even shocked any more! Happy first Mother's Day to me and happy baby day to us!!
We kept the secret between only us for a whole month! It was a fun time for us and neat to have the secret just between us for a while. We told both of our immediate families on Father's Day! We sent Bryan's parents a picture text of the test and a message that said, "Happy FATHER'S/grandfather's day!!" After an excited phone call from them, we called Bryan's brother and sister-in-law. After another excited and fun phone call with them, we headed to my parents' house. We wrapped up all three pee tests (yes, I took three) for my dad's Father's Day present. He opened it and thought that we had given him a rectal thermometer.


"Uh. . .thank you. I don't have one of these."
After my mom poked her head in to see what the gift really was and did some explaining there was tears and jumping off the couch and hugs! So exciting! This will be the first grandbaby on both mine and Bryan's side of the family!

Of course my dad had to have his fun and try to wipe the "remnants" from the stick on Mandy.

We had our very first doctor's appointment last Tuesday where we got a party bag full of fun goodies!

Bryan got my some beautiful flowers for "Baby Day!" He was so sweet at the appointment and held my hand through the entire exam and while they took all of my blood. All of it. It was in the doctor's room that we got the best goody of all. . .we got to hear the heartbeat! It was so awesome for both of us and definitely stopped our talking.

And, finally, we told our extended families and friends for the 4th of July! We showed up to the party in these shirts (homemade by us):

Of course, everyone was thrilled! This will be the first great-grandbaby on my mom's side of the family! We are so excited!!! Our due date is January 15, 2009! We feel very blessed to have been given this special priviledge to be parents to a special baby. We can't wait for Ziggy the Zygote's - - Zig for short (as we have affectionately named it) arrival!!!

21 comments:

Em and Ms said...

Yay! I am SO SO SO excited for you guys! I can't believe you were able to keep it a secret that long! I'm sure little Baby Allen will be adorable and you guys will be such fun parents. Congratulations!

Todd and Heidi said...

YAY!!!!!!! YAHOO!!!!YIPEE!!!!!!!I am so excited for you guys. I am going to go and call you right now! You guys are going to be great parents! We need to see each other soon! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! CONGRATS you guys!!! I can't even tell ya'll how excited I am for ya!!!! What a cute kid it's gonna be!!! Ya'll will be awesome parents!!! YEAH!!!!!

Nicole said...

CONGRATS! I am sooooo excited for you guys! That is awesome you guys will be great parents and will love having a sweet little baby!

Shadoe said...

Chandi and Bryan-

We are SOOOOO excited for you two. You guys will be great parents. Keep us updated.

Becker said...

Whew! I can loosen my tongue at last! Thanks for the giant surprise card and I hope you know from my reaction to it how excited I am for you guys and I can't think of anyone who will be more fun and wonderful parents than you!! Love you guys!

Ben & Kirsten said...

I'm SO excited and tickled pink for you! I truly thought you had a baby glow when you were here with us! We're REALLY jealous but SO happy for you! Keep me updated on all the baby progress! Love ya LOTS!

Wadsworths said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you guys.

Leslie said...

WOW!! That is totally exciting! I am so happy for you! You are going to be the cutest little mommy ever! I can't wait to see your little baby! He/she will be such a doll! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Young Family said...

Congrats Cuz! I know you will be an awesome Daddy! I am sure you will be an amazing mommy too, Chandi. Good luck with the pregnancy!

Laurel said...

Yay!!!!!! Congratulations. That is so exciting. Can't wait to see how things progress for you.

Jenny said...

WOW and congrats! I hope you aren't feeling too pregnant or sick yet. Keep the baby news coming, you'll be glad you wrote down all the pregnancy ups and downs.

Jill said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to hear how things go from here. You'll be an awesome mom....enjoy it all (even being pregnant) - it goes by so fast!!!
P.S. I loved keeping the secret too - that was my favorite part (all three times!)

Chad and Brittany said...

Congratulations guys!!! That is so awesome. You will be amazing parents.

The Kartchners said...

Congrats Chandi!

Dana Marchant said...

Shutup! It's about time. We are SO EXCITED for Zig. Can we call him/her that forever? CONGRATS!!

The Robinson's said...

How exciting... Congrats!!! Way to go on keeping the secret for that long. You will have a cute little Allen Family soon:)How fun!

whitney said...

Chandi im so excited for ya! iv been stalking you through other peoples blogs so i thought i would come out of the closet to tell ua congrats on the good news!!

The Finks said...

Wow Chandi congrats I can't beleive everyone that is having children it is so crazy I'm excited your baby will be so cute.

Keshia Phill said...

love the shirts Chand! Thanks for the comment on our brand spankin' new blog! I hope I will keep up with it. I like it thought. Congrats on the new baby bump. (oh..the pics on our page- Debbie Dixon did them). I just wanted some pictures of just the two of us before we had kiddos you know? Anyway...happy day!

Jenny said...

SO hopefully you read this new comment but I had to post a memory - only fair since Bry-guy posted on on my blog. Let's see...I remember hanging out in Logan while you were at USU. Then I remember the first time we met Chandi at your homecoming lunch. Jeff immediately started picking on her and they seemed to both enjoy pestering each other. He likes girls with a little sass to them! Then when we found out you two were getting married Jeff couldn't believe it!