Friday, May 23, 2008

Graduation

The Cedar High School boys track team won state this year! In Cedar, this means the fire trucks meet the boys at the top of Main Street when they get home (in this case, 11:00 PM), all the boys pile on the top of the truck (this time they all took their shirts off and whirled them around their heads), and the lights flash and sirens run all the way down to the high school! All along the way, there are parents and community members on the side of the road and other parents following behind the fire trucks honking their pants off! It's pretty much a schmorgasborde of noise, but it's a cute tradition! Fire fighting dad plus track runner brother equals dad driving one of the trucks and a very excited Bryan in shot gun honking the fire truck horn for the first time!



Bryce's Seminary Graduation was on May 18 and went really well (mostly because Bryce was a speaker - - the BEST one)!


And, on May 22, Brycie Boy graduated from high school! I was just so proud that I ran right down to the floor for a quick picture before the ceremony began. (Isn't he so big and handsome?)


Bryce walking through the "C" in all of his graduating glory! What a hoot!


Proud Bryan & Chandi with the stunning graduate!


After winning state track the Saturday before graduation, delivering a spectacular talk at Seminary Graduation the next day, and graduating high school on the 22nd, Bryce was a very happy boy!!

9 comments:

Nicole said...

I love that Cedar is a small enough town that they have a big celebration for winning state. I miss things like that, maybe someday we will get to live in a smaller town.

Becker said...

Love it love it! Favorite part? Bryan's excitement behind honking the horn. Congrats to Bryce-y.

Laurel said...

That is so crazy that he is graduating. wasn't he like 5 when we were dancing together. How funny and how fast time flies. Congratulations!!!

Unknown said...

WOW I can't believe he graudated! he was so funny at the cemetery, he said to Ashlee "So, doesn't it suck that you have to go back to school? I'm DONE..ha ha." Cracked me UP! But really I can't believe in one year I'll be going to Ashlee's graduation. Um did Mandi tell you about the special lady performer that was at grandmas house that night? WOW you missed out! haha but for sure come visit us SOON cuz we might be moving back to SG!

Megan said...

So many memories of the Fire Truck tradition! I miss Cedar...and I feel so old because your "little" (not so little anymore) brother graduated! Time flies!

Lenzi Woodbury said...

Holy Bryce weekend! That's like ten accomplishments in a row! So how about I can only see your blondie-r hair in one picture...need more evidence. Please send texted pict straight away!

Jenny said...

I think Bry-guy should switch careers to fire fighting!

Jeff Johnson said...

Bryan what happened to your hair? you look like your dad - old! :)

Pearl is Jealous that you got to honk the horn of the fire truck

The Finks said...

Chandra Lee I am so excited that you found me on here I am not good at finding people on this thing so I'm glad you found me. Well it looks like you and your hubby are happy and healthy you guys are so cute together.