Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Easter!

We’re thankful that we’re close to the Goodwin/Benson family here in Cedar and that we get to enjoy these parties with them! Sometimes we take it for granted that we have such amazing family so close! Thank you for the wonderful Easter weekend! We love you all so much!

I'm so thankful for this time of year! Springtime is such a fun time to see everything new and alive (and warm) again! Especially at this time of year, I am thankful for Jesus Christ and for his sacrifice for us all. I am thankful for my testimony of his reality and divinity!

"None so great has ever walked the earth. None other has made a comparable sacrifice or granted a comparable blessing. He is the Savior and the Redeemer of the world. I believe in Him. I declare His divinity without equivocation or compromise. I love Him. I speak the name of Jesus Christ in reverence and wonder. He is our King, our Lord, our Master, the living Christ, who stands on the right hand of His Father. He lives! He lives, resplendent and wonderful, the living Son." -President Gordon B. Hinckley

Bryan and I had a wonderful Easter weekend surrounded by family! We had an Easter party on Thursday night where we ate dinner and dyed eggs! (Did you know that Easter egg dye will stain your fingers for a full day?)

Left to right from the back row: Bret (brother), Emmy (cousin), me, Mandy (sister), Dallin (cousin).
Bryan is still working on coloring his egg with white crayon and experiencing with rubber bands while I'm just ploppin' entire eggs in whatever color is nearest to me!
Bryan, me, and Mandy with our finished products!
Granny loves to have her picture taken each second!
The family (or at least the one that we could get to sit down long enough for a picture)! We're missing about 13 members, but I was lucky to get this one!
Saturday, we spent a few hours on my parents' 4 Wheeler! It was fun to giggle, scream, and squish Bryan as we conquered 90 degree hills!
The Easter Bunny came and filled our baskets with treats and games! Our new family tradition is that each year, we'll get a family game at Easter on Saturday. On Sunday, we'll read and learn about Jesus and his ressurection. We also did "Easter in Eggs" this year, which is 12 eggs with items representing the last week of Christ's life and wrote our testimonies in our journals on Easter Sunday. We hope to continue these traditions with our own family someday!

11 comments:

Todd and Heidi said...

You guys are so cute. It looks like you guys had a fun weekend. I love the picture of your grandma:) Isn't it funny that now matter how old you are it is still fun to dye Easter eggs. I need to call you...I will try soon!

Ben & Kirsten said...

I'm so inspired now! You guys are so good to create your own family traditions. I think that is SO important! I can't wait for this craziness of life to calm down so we can do cool things like that as well! :)

Nicole said...

It totally looks like you guys had such a fun Easter weekend. It's great to have family so close. I love the traditions you guys are starting, they will be fun when you guys have kids as well.

Megan said...

I love all your Easter traditions! It's nice to hear about Easter traditions that revolve around the Savior and not just the Easter Bunny and treats!! I love all your pics...too cute!

Leslie said...

Nice photos Chandi! I love it! It's fun to see pictures of your family! Your mom looks AWESOME! Tell her congrats! I am glad you had a great Easter! You & your little hubby are toooo cute! :P

Wadsworths said...

You guys must have had a great Easter weekend. Your blog is always so much fun to read.

Jenny said...

Chandi where do you find all your cute blog layouts? I like the Easter themed blog. Looks like you two had more fun, enjoy it while you can without babies!

Bleak's said...

Looks like you guys had a fun weekend. We did the Easter Saturday. And hopefully as Tanner gets older get the Sunday one going. We should have just done a lesson anyways. We are slackers I guess. I like your pictures though. They are great!

Lenzi Woodbury said...

Good traditions Chand! I love them! And I especially loved Granny's pict. It looks like she loves her picture taken "each second!" :) XOXO

Beau and Jamie said...

Chandra Lee! I haven't seen you in forever! You're blog pics are super cute! I don't know exactly how to work this site so I don't have any pics up yet haha

Scott, Brooke, & Mason said...

Chandi! I found you on blogspot! How fun! You two are such a cute couple. Well, I am adding you to my friends so I can keep in touch with you!